Monday, October 15, 2018

Marathon Motivation

It's marathon week!!!! It's Marathon Week!!! Holy cow it's Marathon Week!!!

I can't believe it's finally here!!!  Marathon Week and more importantly, Mird's Birthday!!!  This is going to be an awesome, Awesome, AWESOME, week!! But first, a blog post!


 Top Nine Motivating Images I found when I googled "Marathon Motivation"

9.  Let our DESIRE ALWAYS be greater than our tired, mangled bodies.  Our small fire has grown the past several months and now we are READY for MOTOWN!


8.  I've found this training process to be incredible; It's transforming my life for sure. I pray the same is true for the rest of our gang and ALWAYS remember:                                              
This training process has restored my confidence in GOD, humanity and in little old ME! It really has been awesome and regardless of my finish time, I've already had a great time!



7.  And this so TRUE! We're stronger than we know!  
6.  So this is pretty basic, but also essential. Leave it to Nike!         I guess it's about time Mird becomes a marathon runner!


 5.  In the end it really is our own personal AWESOME experience.  That's it.  Own it and keep pushing forward!


 4. My favorite compliment for sure and from one of my favorite races all time-Ragnar...
PS Nikki this one's for you! You're crazy too!


3.  I Totally hated running in high school and beyond...        and now, well now, I suppose I am a bonafide RUNNER!





2.  THIS POEM IS FOR SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

Twas the night before the Marathon

borrowed from GoneforaRun.com

Twas the night before race day and all through Detroit, 
Runners were carb loading hoping for a great pace. 
Their race day clothes were hung with care 
Along with the gels, watches bibs all there

The many weeks of training were not very fun
hill repeats, fartleks and long runs were done.
Hydration intake has all been perfected
thankfully no major pains were detected

When race day arrives runners fill the streets
and into their corrals they eagerly retreat
Setting their watches as the run to the start
we bid them all a good race admiring their dedication and heart

As the miles pass by they run with all their might,
water and fuel stations are a very welcome sight
The crowds are all cheering and having a good time,
Giving runners high fives all down the line.

When what to their wondering eyes should appear?
Bu the finish line with gleaming medals oh so near.
Endorphins are dancing all around in their heads,
It's time for celebrations and then straight to bed.

May your running always be such a wonderful delight,
Happy running to all and to all a good night.




1.  And this one's for Sunday...


Let's make it one hell of a victory lap ladies!!!!   See ya Sunday; It looks like a great day for a run!

Vern out






No comments:

Post a Comment