Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cold running

It isn't too often that a short training run at a pace that is slower than most people walk warrants a blog story, but today's run sure did!


You see, all this crazy winter weather has surprisingly inspired me to bundle up and hit the road to log some miles!  Yes, I realize this is counter intuitive, but for some reason I keep finding myself out in the elements layered up and running!

Yesterday, 2 miles up and down our road.  I saw two cars and thought to myself, "those people are crazy for driving in this weather!"  I bet they were thinking, "that lady should have her head examined!"  I guess it is a matter of perspective...


 Nunica Michigan 2 mile fun run January 30, 2019!  All the snow was shockingly fresh, vibrant and beautiful!  The cold not so bad, I actually got too hot and it was the perfect start to snow day #4!


Today I was back at it...  Once Michele picked me up in her 4-wheel drive sleigh and took me to run club that is!  The VV is not getting out of our driveway until Jeff plows, and he refuses to plow until the snow stops.  Today I had company which was definitely better and a coffee hour at the Side Bar Coffee Shop afterwards which is really the best part of any run.

Grand Haven Fun 3-miles on snow melt!

Mary, Michele, and Vern!

During coffee hour we always have great conversation and today we solved some of the common nutrition problems runners encounter. Tootsie Rolls count as clean eating and Pop Tarts are certified Vegan!!! Also my sticky balls, might not be gluten free after all...Who knew!?


PS I guess the only thing this weather is any good for is creating some awesome and crazy running stories!

Vern Out shoveling snow and feeding our chickens!



No comments:

Post a Comment